Vermicomposting Video–Cornell University
This is an amazing educational video that discusses all aspects of vermicomposting or worm composting with red wigglers. It also covers how worm composting suppresses disease. It is very interesting with excellent video shots about how wonderful red worms are and what they actually accomplish.
The video: Vermicomposting: a Living Soil Amendment from Cornell University covers:
- Biology of Vermicomposting
- Mating Cycle of Red Worms
- Experiments in greenhouses with seedlings and synthetic growing mixes
- Detailed explanations of experiments of how worm compost’s microbial activity suppresses disease in seedlings.
- Creation of vermicompost at home and on a large scale.
See Cornell University’s website on worm composting research.